What's happening through Lamb & Lion Spiritual Guidance Ministries?
- Presented on November 17 about ethical issues and best practices in spiritual direction, core shamanism, and Christian spiritual healing for the NEST (Network of Emotional Support Teams) Conference in Palm Springs, CA. The overall conference theme was "An Ethical Journey through Altered States of Consciousness."
- Lead the Soul Journeys Shamanic Drumming Circle using a Zoom online format once or twice a month. Contact me if you are interested in visiting or joining. (ongoing)
- Spiritual direction in the Bay Area and long distance. (ongoing)
- Supervision of student spiritual directors of the Chaplaincy Institute, Berkeley, interfaith spiritual direction certificate program. (ongoing)
- Shamanic divination and healing practices with clients. (by request/referral)
- Christian discernment and healing practices with clients. (by request/referral)
- Led a retreat "Exploring Spiritual Paths and the Landscape of Prayer" for Stephen Ministers of St. Paul's Cathedral, San Diego, on August 26-28, 2022.
- Led a retreat "Deep Listening and the Spiritual Dimension of Life" for Stephen Ministers of St. Paul's (Episcopal) Cathedral in San Diego on August 27-29, 2021.
- Participated in Foundation for Shamanic Studies Europe conference on "Pathways Toward the Future" on May 28, 2021.
- Led continuing education for Stephen Ministers at All Souls Parish, Berkeley, on the topic "Family Estrangement" on May 20, 2021
- Presented an adult formation three-part series at All Souls Parish on Imaginal Meditation: How and Why in October 2020.
- Soul Journeys: Christian Spirituality and Shamanism as Pathways for Wholeness and Understanding, co-authored by Daniel L. Prechtel, John R. Mabry, and Katrina Leathers, published by Aprocyphile Press, April 2020.
- Led continuing education for Stephen Ministers on the topic "Family Estrangement" at All Souls Parish
- Presented "The Power of Guiding Symbols for Spiritual Direction and Discernment" for East Bay Spiritual Directors in October 2017.
- Trained church-based spiritual guidance small group leaders in collaboration with All Souls Episcopal Parish, Berkeley. (2011-2016)
- Light on the Path: Guiding Symbols for Insight and Discernment, book on spiritual discernment and guiding symbols published by Church Publishing-Morehouse, October 2016.
Deeper! Healing Prayer Group Leadership course for graduates of the
core training in small group leadership ran in fall 2016.
- Advent teaching series at All Souls on spiritual discernment: "Be Still, Come Close." (December 2014)
- Men's Retreat for St. Francis Episcopal Church, Novato. (November 2014)
- Mentored Church Divinity School of the Pacific (CDSP) students in setting up a small group for mutual support and guidance. (September 2014)
- Conference leader for clergy sponsored by Episcopal Diocese of Nebraska, on spiritual direction and discernment, presenter at deanery and at St. Matthew's Episcopal Church, Alliance. (August 2014)
- Training spiritual guidance small group leaders, All Souls Episcopal Parish. (Spring 2014)
- All Souls spiritual formation teaching series: "Teach Us To Pray." (January-February 2014)
- Workshop on "Joining the Dance of Divine Compassion: Group Spiritual Companionship Dynamics" at Spiritual Directors International Conference, Minneapolis, Minnesota. Also videotaped a conversation on compassion and healing for SDI. (April 2013)
- Published book, Where Two or Three are Gathered: Spiritual Direction for Small Groups. (2012)
(The main site is open in a different window.)