Shamanic Practitioner Work and Christian Healing and Discernment
Core Shamanic Practitioner
The term “shamanism” has emerged over the past forty years to describe a wide variety of ways traditional spiritual healers, men/women of knowledge, medicine men and women, and seers journey into spiritual worlds and build alliances with compassionate spirits for the well-being of people and the earth. The term “shaman” is derived from the Tungus of Siberia and now stands for that wide category of spiritual journeyers/seers/healers. There is a growing body of literature related to “core shamanism” which describes spiritual practices and understandings that appear in many or several shamanic cultures. Shamanism is not a religious faith tradition, but at 30,000-70,000 years old it is at the root of all our spiritual and faith traditions.
I am engaged in ongoing training as a core shamanic practitioner through the Foundation for Shamanic Studies’ advanced training workshops. This body of training in core shamanism (based on universal, near-universal, and common shamanic practices) draws on a lifetime of pioneering work and leadership by anthropologist Michael Harner. These practices have the intention of providing spiritual healing modalities, empowerment, and guidance for the well-being of ourselves and others and is only done after receiving a client’s direct consent or, if that is not possible, the consent of someone who can make decisions on their behalf.
I do this work alongside being an ordained minister professing Christian beliefs as a follower of Jesus Christ, actively engaged in a spiritually vibrant faith community, informed by Christian mystical and contemplative theological traditions, and disciplined in Christian prayer and meditation practices, including various spiritual healing forms and spiritual discernment practices. I experience this work as a ministry flowing from and compatible with my vocation as priest and spiritual guide, and it is a ministry that is available to anyone without any religious expectation or restriction.
Shamanic practitioner work is a different spiritual modality from the usual work of a Christian spiritual guide or spiritual director. I find core shamanism has wide areas of shared practice and understanding with Christianity, but it has differences too that can expand our vision and experience beyond some narrow Christian suppositions and ways of operating within and understanding spiritual realities. My experience is that shamanic practice is compatible, complimentary, and enriching to Christian prayer and meditation practices and with modern Western health practices. It is a wholistic approach that expands our understanding of the spiritual dimensions of life; and offers practical ways for God's unconditional love and the compassionate power of God's healing and wisdom to become manifest and active in our lived experience.
Some of the services as a shamanic practitioner that I offer include:
- Divination journeys (receiving spirit's guidance and knowledge for a particular concern).
- Spirit guardian retrieval (bringing a helping spirit, such as a power animal, to aid a person).
- Psychopomp (assisting deceased human souls in their journey to their next appropriate place).
- Meeting a departed loved one.
- Spirit Extraction Healing (removing intrusive spirits that affect our health and well-being).
- Soul Retrieval (returning soul parts that have split off during traumas or chronic conditions).
- Compassionate Depossession and relocating spirits that are interfering with a person or a place.
All of these services are contingent on the guidance and assistance of my helping spirits.
Long Distance Shamanic Healing and Divination:
If you have a healing need or seek guidance about a situation you may send Daniel an email requesting long distance healing or divination. I will request the assistance of my helping spirits on your behalf or on behalf of the person you are writing about. If you are writing on behalf of someone else they must have given you their permission for me to use helping spirits. Give me the name of the person seeking help, the address where the person lives, and the desired healing the person wishes or the question the person is asking guidance about from my helping spirits. Further, if you (or the person you are writing on behalf of) wish me to request healing help from other shamanic practitioners simply let me know and I will pass the healing request to my colleagues.
I am also available to guide newcomers in basic core shamanic practices and assist them in their own journeying.
In partnership with Rev. Katrina Leathers (http://onecircleministry.com) we are leading Soul Journeys Shamanic Drumming Circle that meets monthly on the fourth Thursday from 7:00-9:00 pm in Berkeley, CA. Contact Daniel if you are interested in joining.
Christian Spiritual Healing and Discernment Ministry
There are various ways we can bring our healing needs to God and seek divine grace and power. Healing can be for our body, mind, spirit, or relationships. Some of the ways Daniel can help include:
- Meditation journeys to visit the Healer's House or Wisdom's House.
- The ancient rite of Laying on of Hands and Anointing with Oil. This is a repeatable sacramental rite.
- "Soaking Prayer." Sessions involving substantial focused silent prayer welcoming the Spirit's healing work.
- Meditations that envision Christ's/Spirit's presence and healing.
- Healing of Memories. Meditations inviting the healing presence of Christ/Spirit in our memories of traumatic or painful events.
- Prayer and meditations that help with relationship difficulties.
- Situations involving death and dying, departed loved ones, or other significant losses.
- Healing prayer and meditation support in struggles with addictions and attachments.
- Spirit Release and Deliverance help in possible situations of spirit oppression, influence, or possession affecting either a person or a place.
I am available to mentor those interested in Christian spiritual healing prayer and meditation methods.
If you wish to discuss how I may be able to help you please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or 224.636.2874 to set up a confidential appointment.